Sunday, 30 December 2012

Kayaking, beauty parlour, sunset

Morning lunch and early afternoon was spent kayaking on the swan river. Very chilled out with picnic. Nice breeze.
Didn't see any dolphins but loads of jelly fish. I was thinking I don't want to capsize here, however I later found out from some locals that they don't sting! Even the big ones.
Not sure when I'll have the nerve to test that.
Back at the house the girls opened their beauty parlour. You can see the happy customers in the pic.
At 7pm the Bones went to Cottesloe beach for the sunset and ice cream.
Very nice, amazingly warm.
Loads of people having Sunday bbqs and chilling out.
Kids played 'risk' with the waves.
We're now all packed (mostly) for Rottnest island.
We'll be there for 2 nights. No wifi so will do mega blog when we get back.
That's providing we don't bump into the blue ringed octopus. It only has to touch your skin and you're on your way out. No anti-venom. It's been spotted swimming in the lagoons. Apparently they're very rare and you'd be lucky to see one. Personally I'd be happy not seeing any.



















No comments:

Post a Comment